The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is in need of additional Crossing Guards for the upcoming 2019-20 school year.
FROM THE HCSO
“The Crossing Guard Program is seeking energetic and reliable candidates for a rewarding opportunity to serve the children of Hillsborough County. This program is a part-time, split shift position which offers Florida Retirement System benefits. If you are looking for part-time employment with a highly-respected law enforcement agency and a predictable schedule, this is the opportunity!”
- Must be in good physical condition
- No criminal history
- Possess a Florida driver license or identification card
- Ability to communicate instructions in English
- Submit to drug screening and fingerprinting
- Shifts: 2 Shifts per day 6:50 a.m. to 8:05 a.m. and 1:40 p.m. to 2:25 p.m.
- Days: Monday through Friday No holidays or weekends.
- Pay: $11.86 per hour 10 hours per week 20 hours per paycheck
- Uniform: You wear your own white shirt with black pants and black shoes
- Equipment: We provide the safety vest, stop paddle, raincoat and whistle
- Training: You will be trained for three days by a certified trainer.
- There is a 1 day mandatory yearly training
HCSO Community Resource Deputy Jeff Merry says residents need to watch out for new telephone scams: “Please be cautious when providing personal information over the telephone. There has been an increase in social security fraud telephone scams targeting...
Dozens of staff children attended National Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day at South Bay Hospital recently. This annual event is an educational program in the United States and Canada where parents take their children to work with them for one day....
In this issue… The new South Hillsborough Veterans Clinic welcomes patients, the 75th Anniversary of D-Day is commemorated in a very special way, and employees at South Bay Hospital bring their children to work for the day. Save the date for...
The Gulf Coast Regional Office of U.S. Senator Marco Rubio will be holding office hours in Sun City Center on Wednesday, June 5, from 9:30 a.m. — 12:30 p.m., in the Old Town Hall Ann Marie LeBlanc Room, 1002 Cherry Hills Drive. Meet your local staff and...
The Florida Aquarium’s Animal Response Team recently returned four rehabilitated green sea turtles to the Atlantic Ocean at Wilbur-By-The-Sea in Volusia County. The release of these sea turtles was made possible through the Aquarium’s ongoing partnership...
This Memorial Day Weekend and every day, The Florida Aquarium remembers the fallen and thanks all military members and veterans for protecting and serving our country. Join them Memorial Day Weekend, Friday, May 24 – Monday, May 27, 2019, with amazing...