The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is in need of additional Crossing Guards for the upcoming 2019-20 school year.
FROM THE HCSO
“The Crossing Guard Program is seeking energetic and reliable candidates for a rewarding opportunity to serve the children of Hillsborough County. This program is a part-time, split shift position which offers Florida Retirement System benefits. If you are looking for part-time employment with a highly-respected law enforcement agency and a predictable schedule, this is the opportunity!”
- Must be in good physical condition
- No criminal history
- Possess a Florida driver license or identification card
- Ability to communicate instructions in English
- Submit to drug screening and fingerprinting
- Shifts: 2 Shifts per day 6:50 a.m. to 8:05 a.m. and 1:40 p.m. to 2:25 p.m.
- Days: Monday through Friday No holidays or weekends.
- Pay: $11.86 per hour 10 hours per week 20 hours per paycheck
- Uniform: You wear your own white shirt with black pants and black shoes
- Equipment: We provide the safety vest, stop paddle, raincoat and whistle
- Training: You will be trained for three days by a certified trainer.
- There is a 1 day mandatory yearly training
SCC and KP Amateur Radio ClubsReady to Help in a Community EmergencyBy Paula Lickfeldt Five days a week, Monday through Friday you can find members of the Sun City Center Amateur Radio Club in their "club room," which is in the hurricane resistant...
Bob’s VetsA Breakfast Get Together for All Veterans, Their Spouses and Their FriendsBy Diane M. Loeffler Thursday mornings are special for veterans who are within driving distance of the Ruskin Bob Evans restaurant. A large area is set aside for veterans...
Veterans Pay Tribute to Departed Comrades By Frank Kepley, CAPT USN (Ret.), News Military Correspondent The Military Veterans Organization of Sun City Center sponsored a Memorial Day Tribute to deceased veterans on Monday Morning at 10 a.m. at the...
Celebrating Independence TogetherBy E. Adam Porter The first week in July, every year, my extended family gathers at the beach in my hometown for a weeklong reunion. It’s a wonderful, relaxing time of sharing life together, filled with the familiar aromas...
In this issue… SCC honors its veterans, especially those comrades we lost in the past year. We get to know Bob’s Vets, meet the Pickleball players who did SCC proud in international competition, and hang out with puffins in Newfoundland. Find...
Back 2 School Supply Drive The Boys and Girls Club needs your help! Supplies Needed Black pens, blue pens, red pens, blunt-tip scissors, bottled glue, glue sticks, colored pencils, disinfectant wipes, dry erase markers, erasers, hand sanitizer,...